Killer Truth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for clan members to post stuff and hang out when not playing CA =D

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My L96A1 Guide

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sklpper
Corporal
Corporal
sklpper

My L96A1 Guide Empty
PostSubject: My L96A1 Guide   My L96A1 Guide I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 5:19 am

As you all know, L96A1 is one of the few 1 hit kill sniper rifles that unlock at lower levels.

Although M200 unlocks at CSM5, it is very expensive (1800GP) and has a weird crosshair.

The rest are 1lt and above.

I'll refer to enemies as Tango.

How to purchase and how to mod an L96A1

Go to Shop, Primary Weapons, Sniper Rifles, L96A1.
It costs 1400GP a day.

Mods

Silencers reduce the damage of an L9 shot by 10%
In my opinion, Damage > Stealth.
But if you want to add a Silencer, go for S3, because it looks cool.
Do not add an extended magazine.

How to use your L96A1 effectively
Aim your crosshair on the Tango's chest, or on the Tango's left arm.
This is because the L96 hitbox is slightly to your left. Meaning that when you shoot the Tango, the bullet will tend to go towards your left and hit right smack in the middle of the Tango's body.

Reload after every 3 bullets spent, and try to crouch while shooting as it improves accuracy.
For example, when you're running around and you spot a Tango, crouch and shoot or crouch and stand back up before you shoot. This increases accuracy and help you put shots where you want them.

If you are playing a Sniper Only match, stick some bluetack or a small piece of paper onto your crosshair. This makes it easier for you to no scope Tangos at close range.

Also do not camp at 1 spot for a very long time because once the Tangos realise that you camp there a lot, they'll always check it.

Lightvest or HeavyVest
Again, this is preference. I usually go for Lightvest because it makes you more mobile so that you can switch camping positions quick.

Maps
Certain maps make the L9 a 2 hit kill, even on lightvests.

Sniping from Alpha base to Bravo Base with the L9 is a bad idea.
Firstly, its a 2 hit kill at that range.
Second, L9 is too inaccurate for sniping at that distance.

What you can do is to run quickly into the train. Once you're inside and ready with your sniper rifle, open a door quickly, look for Tangos, and shoot. If they shoot at you first and miss, open the other door and look for other Tangos. Becareful though, they like to rush by the sides of the trains so you have to react fast when they ambush you.

Feel free to share your thoughts below =D
Back to top Go down
NathanRaider
Private
Private
NathanRaider

My L96A1 Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: My L96A1 Guide   My L96A1 Guide I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 11:20 am

Thanks I mostly either Quick Scope or No Scope with the L9 this helped out a lot
Back to top Go down

My L96A1 Guide
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Killer Truth  :: Weapons and Gears-
Jump to: